[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
WFD Talk • View topic - Luke Harrison 1114 in 60 seconds

Luke Harrison 1114 in 60 seconds

Luke Harrison 1114 in 60 seconds

Postby WFD Teamster » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Check it out 1114 see video at

What do you think :?:
WFD Teamster
Administrator

Re: Luke Harrison 1114 in 60 seconds

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:25 am

Hello everyone. My name is Luke Harrison and I recently won the 'Bell percussion, WFD competition'. It was a great day, lots of fun. There were 10 Finalists who would all randomly be selected to go head to head against another top 10 finalist. I think there was like 3 rounds to narrow it down to top two fastest. One of my best scores that day was something like 1087 standing up and it was my first time ever standing up so I was a bit nervous. In the final round the people in charge would turn of the cameras that were facing the drumometers, so no one could see the last 30 seconds!!! It was scary. I was a bit annoyed at my final score, I got like 976 or something like that, It was my second time on the drumometer getting less than 1000, but then again I never really practised this speed drumming before, so I guess it was my own fault. The video above, on this page is of me getting 1114 single strokes in one minute, my best run so far. It was during the finding of the top 10, so with that score I was defiantly allowed a place. I want to thank Bell Percussion for being the best bunch of guys and for having the most friendly, down to earth and expertise and an amazing shop. Anybody from the London area and anywhere in the world wants good products at good honest prices, check them out!!!
My mum and dad are ordering me the drumometer soon, so I will be able to practise with it and get new scores. I will try and post a video of my first score on it. Well actually that might not be that good hahah.

Thanks to everyone for watching the video. Any information on the actual WFD competition would be greatly appreciated.

Luke
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby WFD Teamster » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:17 am

Welcome to WFDTalk.com luke! Good to have you here. :) :D That is very impressive video, 1114 is awesome! :)

If you don't have a drumometer yet how in the world did you train for the comp. And what was you score at the comp. Do they have any post coverage of the bell perc comp online yet?

Are you using mostly fingers? And how high are the sticks?

Great seeing you on here and thanks for joining.
WFD Teamster
Administrator

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks for having me. Thank you very much. I don't know, I guess it was in my blood lol. Prior to this video of mine i only done like 20 mins of "practise", so I really don't know how I did it. Yeah aim hopefully getting a drumometer soon, so I can set new scores. Yes Bell percussion do, you type in 'Bell percussion WFD event' into youtube. Its ok, its just a quick summary of the day. My final score was 976, I was ashamed :( hahah. But I guess since I have never really practised, that was to be expected. My best on the day was like 1087 or something like that.
I will try and practise my technique to be able to tell you properly what I am doing. Some people have said its like Jotan's technique, but I don't shake. When you speed up you utilise less movement and that what I am doing all wrist and a tiny bit of fingers when I need to.

Thank you!!!
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby JoeyM » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Luke is the man. From watching your video Luke, I think you are using fingers with a french grip style. You looked very relaxed and you showed no signs of strain, that's dangerous at comps;). I know you'll shake 1200 with good practice.
Joey 'Thunda from down Unda' Moujalli
JoeyM

Postby mattsmith » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Wow Luke! Very impressive. I have to give it up to you for running scores that'll definetly break the ice anywhere you go. Loved your technique and the consistency throughout the intire minute. Whatever kind of styles people will throw out or compare you to, just keep doing what your doing!! It looks great and if it feels great then thats all that matters. I remember setting scores like yours (well maybe not that high) when I first started. I always thought incredible speed wasnt entirely obtained from just practice but just kinda in our blood you know.
Well anyways keep posting on your progress and welcome to the site!!!
mattsmith

Postby mattsmith » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Hey Luke. If WFD ends up being part of the Summer NAMM convention this July, you have any thoughts about coming down to Nashville and competing???
mattsmith

Postby danielrice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 am

hope you can make it, Luke! The more the merrier!
danielrice

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Cheers Joseph, Matt and Daniel!!. Thanks very much Matt. I felt so relaxed in my 1114 run. The funny thing is I set that score on the 14th of the 11th haha and it was my friends birthday and I told him I would get a score to do with the 14th lol. I would love to get over to NAMM but I have to get money and all that be-bop. Plus, I need to practise because I haven't done anything since December time!! I am wanting to get my hands on a Drumometer so I can work with what Ive got, technique wise.

Thanks and great talking to you all.
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 am

Just started practising a few days ago people and I am also getting a drumometer, so look out!!!!
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby danielrice » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:44 pm

danielrice

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Hey Daniel. Iam not sure. I need to look into the costs and stuff. When is it? I would love to come over!!!
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Well at the moment I am doing around 20 minutes a day. I have been doing the practising for about 3 days now and already I can see results. Yeah i am very cautious of that.
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby danielrice » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

danielrice

Postby JoeyM » Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 pm

I hope you can make it too Luke. It'll be an honour to meet you and hang out and of course have a WFD 'ashes' series LOL
Joey 'Thunda from down Unda' Moujalli
JoeyM

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Hey everyone. I just received my Drumometer today and on my 6th go I got 1137. I am pretty happy since it is only my first day with it and my aim for the end of the summer is 1150 and I am already nearly there. I still haven't started practising properly yet either but I am starting tomorrow. I am expecting some bigger scores by the end of the summer. I will post a video of this soon.
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Postby WFD Teamster » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:59 am

Your latest video of 1137 is amazing! Would love to see one with your hands in the video also. Amazing scores though. How long to you think it would take for you to break 1200? The 1200 club is a very lonely club, would be only you and 'da man'.
WFD Teamster
Administrator

Postby Luke 'Ukas' Harrison » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah sorry about that lol, well I really still have to make the time to practise, but if I did, maybe the end of the summer (September).
Well I will try my best this summer to get there.
Thanks a lot!!!
Luke 'Ukas' Harrison

Return to General Discussion