[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
WFD Talk • View topic - WFD Champs!

WFD Champs!

WFD Champs!

Postby centersnare » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 am

Calling out to all WFD champs!! If you've ever won an official WFD Finals or have an official record in the books, then drop through this thread and talk about memorable times in the contest or how you made it to the top.
centersnare
Team WFD

Re: WFD Champs!

Postby Jim Richman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I had a great time in 2002 when I won hands and feet at the Va Warped Tour stop. My foot scores are still up there, woohoo! It was a blast that afternoon! 895 feet is me.

I recorded "The Quantum Hack Code" with Amogh Symphony this past year, as well as "Temp To Quit" by Hypnorock. I am currently recording the upcoming Feathers of Jatinga album.

http://amoghsymphony.bandcamp.com
http://hypnorock.bandcamp.com/
http://feathersofjatinga.bandcamp.com/t ... rk-hawkins
Jim Richman

Postby Boo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Jim, you were awesome at WFD Warped 2002! Great music you guys are doing, love the CD! As a side bar if we wanted to use some of the material for WFD viral type videos, would there be large publishing hoops to jump through, legal issues etc.......?

Great seeing you here, and oh folks this is an honor for Jim is one of the pioneers n the drum talk forums.

Can anyone guess the site he founded ? Thanks Jim for taking the time….:)
Boo
Team WFD

Postby mattsmith » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Wow good question Boo, isnt it www.drums.com
I dont remember who told me that...I could be wrong though
mattsmith

Postby Boo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:11 pm

No, I you are right and Jim is one of those guys with the vision to see the early stuff. Great having him as a member of WFDTalk :) 895 with feet is still in the top 10 I believe, Jim you ought to go for the foot record........?
Boo
Team WFD

Postby Jim Richman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey Boo and Matt! drums.com was the good ole days! I think the first product we sold was the DRUMOMETER!

Next time you do WFD event in Manassas Va, let me know.

I used an unorthodox grip when I did my hand runs. I was forced to name it on the spot at the NAMM show. I came up with the awful "chop stick" technique, which was nothing like holding chopsticks. I overturned a trad grip with my left hand, but held the stick in the crook of my thumb and first finger, using my wrist only. My right hand was a french tympani grip. ...942... :lol:
Jim Richman

Postby mattsmith » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 am

Hey guys, just noticed seconds ago that my video of me breaking manginis record went over a million!!
As of now its 1,004,184
Hey Jim btw i'd like to see what exactly your 'chopsticks' grip is :)
is there a video of it somewhere?
mattsmith

Postby Jim Richman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Jim Richman

Postby mattsmith » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 am

Ok that'll be really cool! Looking foward to seeing that.
mattsmith

Postby centersnare » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 am

Here's a video at NAMM 2007 of Mike 'The Machine' Mallais breaking Mike Manginis 15 minute foot endurance record with a score of 13,222!! and Tim Watersons 1 minute record scoring 1034!! Way to go Mike...correct me if im worng but are you using only the 'heel up' method? I could'nt quite tell it was so fast :)
centersnare
Team WFD

Postby centersnare » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:18 pm

centersnare
Team WFD

Postby Mike Machine » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey Heyyyy!!! ..thanks for the shoutout!!! ...yes sir... all singles...all the time... :)
Mike Machine

Postby drumrelaxed » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Howdy folks! Hey, I watched the above video post by centersnare and was really impressed by Mike the Machine breaking the dbl foot pedal record, and as a matter of fact; I was impressed by the entire video and its presentation of Mike's record with the accompanying rock song music that had the lines "Here's some living proof" ... & "Thats the stone cold truth" !!! ... and ... btw, the band that did that song ROCKS!!! Thats a 'Rock'n' ROCK song and I totally dig it ... and it enhanced the video presentation!
drumrelaxed

Postby WFD Teamster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 am

Machine breaking Tim's record was nothing short of amazing! Still stands at 1034. The band you referring to is CURB Recording artist Eric Hamilton Band with WFD creator Boo McAfee on drums. BUT it sounds like you already know all that! :)
WFD Teamster
Administrator

Postby moe moeller » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:09 pm

in one of the videos i saw jim chapin that would be my favorite because of his video on moeller
moe moeller

Postby Boo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Hello MOE, just wondering have you read the WFD rules by chance? Just asking......
Boo
Team WFD

Postby moe moeller » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:37 am

i read the rules but think you should change a couple of things as the sport grows add a seperate division for moeller and heel and toe like chapin and jojo used
moe moeller

Return to WFD Champions