[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
WFD Talk • View topic - Who's going to WFD 2013?

Who's going to WFD 2013?

Who's going to WFD 2013?

Postby 2xbdrumn » Thu May 23, 2013 5:52 am

Saw on the announcements page that wfd 2013 is coming back to nashville at the new convention center. Who's going?
2xbdrumn

Re: Who's going to WFD 2013?

Postby SpencerD » Thu May 23, 2013 4:17 pm

I'll definitely be there lol
SpencerD

Postby 2xbdrumn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

back in the day wfd did not charge or have to be member with badge etc Can anyone explain what the policies for getting in to wfd are now? do you have to join namm to get to do wfd? from reading their site looks like wfd is not open to the public on this one coming up in july?
2xbdrumn

Postby SpencerD » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Last year you could get in with a 1 day pass. It was only open to the public on the final day of the contest where they had prelims 9-11am and finals in the afternoon. It should be similar this year.
SpencerD

Postby WFD Teamster » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:43 pm

WFD Teamster
Administrator

Postby moe moeller » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 pm

thinking about it and was checking out wfd rules which was a challenge but i wanted to post
WFD CONTEST RULES
1. All contestants for both Battle of the Hands™ and Battle of the Feet™ competitions will be scored on playing single strokes (no bounces, presses or buzz) for 60 SECONDS and recorded by the Drumometer™.
2. No multi or compound grip technique such as: Moeller, Push-Pull or combinations are allowed in World Finals Competition for World Records or grand prizes. WFD allows one stroke per one full movement of each hand, the right hand goes down, "tap", and then back up. Concentrate on the back of the hand rather than the tip of the stick. Furthermore, if the back of the hand goes down and two taps are made by the opening and closing of the fingers before the back of the hand goes up, then it's a 2 note stroke. Same would apply for the 3 note stroke and 4 note stroke. These are singles but they're multi-stroke singles which in the future may have its own category.
3. Contestants may run as many times as they like during the Preliminary Heats.
4. Contestants' top Preliminary score will be used toward Finals qualifying.
5. Preliminary scores will NOT be used to determine Grand Prize winners!
6. FINALS scores will be the ONLY scores used to determine GRAND PRIZE winners.
7. NOTE that WFD Champions AND previous GRAND PRIZE winners are ineligible for prizes.
8. It is the contestant's responsibility to verify if he/she qualified for the Finals and to be signed in.
9. Due to filming and various time restraints, there will be NO equipment changes.
10. WFD only recognizes scores from Official WFD sanctioned events.
11. World Record scores MUST be witnessed and certified by proper WFD officials.
12. Judges decisions are FINAL!

i guess my main question or issue is with rule #2 not allowing moeller technique i understand the part about prizes and not being in the same class as the guys that started all this but i can do over over 1486-1513 using moeller. so what i'm saying here is why not do moeller and as you list compound combinations technique as a seperate class as other x sports do? do it as classes
no need to start a pissing match or flame war just saying i want to do this and would like to be noticed in a class of my own maybe call it moeller. i plan to check it out but would like to know
moe moeller

Postby centersnare » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 am

Greetings Moe and welcome to the page :)
Regarding your concern on Rule #2, I think I have an answer that I hope justifies your question.
It states at the end of Rule #2... "which in the future may have its own category". Now In no way am I claiming that you disregarded that text or didn't understand. I'm only reiterating that one quote because the topic still is on the table currently being discussed by the WFD Team Officials. To answer in more detail regarding 'when'.... all we know for sure is "Not at the upcoming NAMM".

Those are some impressive numbers you were claiming though. So even though the 'Moeller' will not have its own category this NAMM, please do not feel unwelcome to attend because we of course encourage anyone from anywhere to come with anything they want to offer or show off.
centersnare
Team WFD

Postby 2xbdrumn » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 pm

2xbdrumn

Postby WFD Teamster » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:55 am

I was thinking wonder :?: if Nick Stefano was coming again this year? Nick?
WFD Teamster
Administrator

Return to General Discussion